Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Beautifully Cracked & Chipped- Re-finishing Furniture- My Newest Obsession!

My new found love for re-finishing furniture has become a new passion of mine.  I love giving an old piece of furniture new life & finding it's functionality again.  On the other hand my house is getting full of painted furniture, and it's almost starting to look like a store in some rooms!  Well, it's not that bad, but you get my point :)  Below are a few projects I've done.  The first is this console / bookshelf that seriously just seemed sad.  I had just gotten done with my "Murmuration" mural with a black skeleton tree on it and thought how sweet it would be to paint a tree up the side of this console table.  Here are my before and afters... check it out:)


After:  I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint- Barcelona Orange & Graphite (mixed with white & a bit of country blue to soften it up)... finished with both Chalk Paint's clear wax and dark wax.



dresser: before

dresser: after





No comments:

Post a Comment